May 21, 2006

That dreaded notice board

Which is the most frightening sight for me in this world? Well, it's that dreaded notice board of the electrical engineering department, announcing another year of complete bed rest. I have gone through this traumatic experience for years during my long and arduous stay at the Faculty of Technology and Engineering, M.S.U., Baroda.

The first few moments were really tough. The verdict is out, and your fate is sealed for one more year. After my first encounter with the notice board, I tried hard to reduce its DC effect. I tried to avoid looking at my name on it, unless I was convinced that this time I would not get the death sentence. I would see how my best friends have fared in the exams? I would become happy if they have done well. Not because, I liked them. But, it was a precursor to my own fate. Looking at their results, I would know, whether I will get a reprieve this time or will have to serve one more year of rigorous imprisonment.

After the first few disastrous experiences, I decided that enough is enough. I took my fate in my own hands. I started to remain absent from the examination hall, when I was sure about the outcome. This strategy worked for some time and reduced my pain to a large extent. No more waiting for the final verdict. However, this was just a temporary relief. I couldn't avoid the notice board permanently. Periodically, I was forced to look at it.

If God will ask me what's your last wish before death, I will say "to smash that f**#ing notice board".

1 comment:

  1. ha ha ha
    My last wish before death:
    to smash the whole building not only noticeboard, sometimes i daydream that kalabhavan is a football and i am kicking it around.

    ReplyDelete