July 04, 2006

My lazy nights in Phursatgunj

First things first. My visit to Phursatgunj was a mega hit, thanks to Sabu, Dr Ranjitsaheb Ambedkar and Quarteriya Kumar. Right from the first day I landed in PG, Ranjitsaheb was there. Everyday at kalubhai's lari, from 7:30 p.m. to 1:00 a.m., he enthralled us with his wise (but repeated) talks. He was supposed to stay in PG for 3-4 days, but as always he was not in any kind of hurry. He extended his vacation for two weeks. Dhawalbhai, our current president at Kalubhai, was also there. Dirty Sabu and I resumed our nocturnal ventures in the night. Internet surfing, tea and samosa at Samrat, mindless chatter and reading newspapers. Soon, after a week Quarteriya Kumar (we came to know that Pahelwan drinks quarter of liquor everyday in Mumbai, thus the name) arrived. He was also not in any kind of hurry to go back to Mumbai. Everyday, Jose without josh, who has invested his fortune on Ranjitsaheb and Kumar, used to call up. But, our lazy friends didn't budge. Finally, after two weeks and much deliberation both of them went to aamchi Mumbai. The last week in PG was even better. The much awaited monsoon arrived and the temperature went down. With a heavy heart, I left Phursatgunj on Friday night and reached safely to B'lore on Saturday morning. I am already waiting for December, when I will again go back to my beloved Phursatgunj.

1 comment:

  1. Baba, one correction is there - which a very very very very huge mistake you made - you spelled my name wrongly - it s not Dhawal but it s 'Dhaval' :-(

    so sir please make sure that from next time you make it properly...

    ReplyDelete