October 15, 2006

Main Zindgi ka sath nibhata chala gaya...

It's a beautiful Saturday night. It's 1:25 and I am writing from my friend's laptop. This is the first time I am typing something on a laptop. As you know, I am suffering from technophobia and it takes a lot of courage from my side to try out any new gizmo. Nevertheless, my friend is sleeping and will wake him up if I am not able to shut down the computer. Also, my fear is less today as I am drunk. Winter is here in Bangalore and nights are cool.

Tomorrow, at 8:00 in the morning I am playing a cricket match. This time my friend, who is also a captain of the team, has assured me that I will be in the final eleven. Anyway, he doesn't have much choice. I know that he hasn't been able to get 11 quality players. Last time when our department took part in the tournament I was the 12th man and a scorer. At my current age, it will be really difficult for me to play a cricket match and I have made it clear to my friend. I can do a bit of spin bowling. I can't run fast and may drop a catch. I can't face fast bowlers and genuine spinners. Let's see what happens!!!

I am going to Baroda on Dec. 2. And as you all know, Baroda in December is better than Switzerland. Now, don't ask me, how can I comment anything on Switzerland, when I have never visited that country. Guys, I have watched a lot of Hindi movies and that country looks beautiful on the 70mm screen. I am feeling homesick as winter reminds of my beloved phursatgunj. If you want to visit Baroda, come during the months of November, December and January. I love the city at all times but during these three months the climate in Baroda is fantastic.

The ICC champions trophy is on and tomorrow India is going to play its first match against England. I have put 500 bucks on India winning the game. So far, I have been very lucky in all my bets. I have lost only one bet in the last 3 months.

These days I drink and smoke a lot. Now, in Bangalore I only drink Signature. A quarter costs me 120 bucks. I know it's not a cheap habbit, but I want to continue it till the good time lasts. The one thing I like about my present condition is that I can do whatever I want to do after my office hours. I am like a free bird. That's the most important thing for me. No worries, no responsibilities. Anyway, I can't take any responsibility. The work is good. It doesn't require much intelligence. I am about to complete one year, the longest I have worked anywhere, and I am still not bored. That doesn't mean I like to work. I and my friends are cheap aristocrats. And aristocrats don't work. They wine, dine and enjoy. I am working to collect some money for my cheap aristocracy. God is kind and I know he will make sure I don't need to work for long.

I think I written quite alot. May be because I am drunk. But my fingers are paining. Will have to stop now. Long live lazyness, long live brotherhood. Bye...Bye...

No comments:

Post a Comment