February 19, 2007

Journey to the North

My journey to the north was very exciting and funny. Now I am in north, yes I am in Ahmadabad. Early in the morning yesterday we shifted from our new winter palace to our summer palace. Now we have this facility here, in winter we can go upstairs and in summer we can come downstairs to stay on the ground floor. It was a yet another lazy Sunday for me and I was still fast asleep when Nikhil had started shifting few things from up to the room on the ground. It took us two full hours to shift everything from top to bottom from up to down. It was a roller coaster ride for us. Moving our old pillows and bad bed sheets and dirty beds themselves was a massive task ahead of us but we never ever even gave it a thought of surrender. I was so tired after all this exercise that I enjoyed full one hour of rest and reading magazines inside my toilet there. Masi’s food is easy to digest and light on both my tummy and my pocket. Now early summer days are here and it is time to enjoy chach everyday. I have reduced my smoking a lot and now at home I am not going to smoke at least for next few days I think. These are the preparations before my summer hibernation. But how all this began?
After enjoying masi’s food at one o’clock in the after noon we, I and Nikhil, went to hostel to meet Uttar. He was our companion for the journey up to the entry at express highway, a place known by name borrowed form near by residential society, Amitnagar. From there we got a taxi (Tata Sumo) and were on the express way within next 15 minutes. It was 3:30 in the after noon and sun was high. Though it was not very hot outside, we kept windows closed as the car was flying at almost 100 kilometer per hour speed. That is something supersonic for the people of Phursatgunj and I was in no mood to argue with the driver as I knew it would have not made any difference to him. He was in hurry. It was Sunday yesterday and he was in no mood to come back to Baroda while his boss insisted to go on one more “Chakkar” between Baroda and Ahmadabad while he was talking to him on phone. I was rather lost looking outside the scratchy windows. There are all kinds of and colors of flowers on the express way. Everyone except I and driver was in the midst of their regular afternoon nap when we were about to reach Ahmadabad. Express highway no.1 is really beautiful but not in the sense people say or look at it. to be continued . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment