February 24, 2007

Mid life crisis

It seems my 3000-years old friend Sabu is busy these days. He is regularly posting something on 20box. The blog looks pretty cool in its new avatar. I also wanted to post something. But, my friend’s laptop is sick these days. It has also become lazy after shifting home like its master. It goes to sleep whenever it wishes and doesn’t open its eyes even if it has some important things to do.

My life in Bangalore is dull. Age is no more on my side. Working in night shifts is taking its toll on my fragile body and even more fragile psyche. There is no more cricket either for another 20 days. I am tired. I want to go home.

I have made my first investment in equities which has been a moderate success. I intend to invest more and more in stocks going forward.

Another thing which is making my life increasingly difficult is the fast changing technology. Everyday I come across something new. I try my best to understand that and after few days that becomes old and in some cases obsolete. There is no respite in sight. Within few years there will be only two classes of people - tech friendly and tech ignorant. It will become very difficult for the second type of people to survive. And no matter how hard I try, I know I belong to the second category. I need to collect some money fast and retire or else I will struggle to survive.

4 comments:

  1. nice to hear from you after a long sabbatical. congratulations for you new innings in stock market. i hear that its sensex is rocketing up like a agni missile day by day, I dont know what these points signifies. onion is Rs 20 kilo, aloo is Rs 15 per kilo, how do sensex and inflation go hand in hand. any nexus or simply coincidence. sounds fishy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lazyguru, don't worry about Sensex. It's senseless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, you are right anando. it is all nonsense.
    they now print the economic times in gujarati also, first indian vernacular to have this privilege, they market it: businessman's newpaper in businessman's language.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha ha ...good thing ..stock market should be named as guju market. and advertise like money market for maneymakers' community

    ReplyDelete