February 15, 2007

WAR AND PEACE

After few years of separation we are together again. I am again engaged with my old love-Russia and Eastern Europe. I again am in contact with my eastern European friends via e-mail. Eastern Europe is really one very interesting place to live. Poor but poetic, people of this region are more interesting than even Russians. Few ICQ friends of mine there in EE share music with me through file-sharing. I have a good collection of Romanian and Bulgarian and Slav songs now. Classic, Romantic, Melodies and Rock, and everything else what they listen I have it in my collection. After experimenting with Russian chess style and listening to Eastern European music and enjoying visual arts for years my new passion is their literature. And Tolstoy is the best one to begin with. All those who have read and understood Russian literature here in the blogger’s world I want your opinion and that too rather through a poll. Tell me who is better and more interesting to read. Dostoevsky or Tolstoy. If you don’t want to vote at least leave your comments so I can better understand the nature of their writing. Bye for now. Best from 20box.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha ha... The author has removed the earlier comment. Sabu, I have never read Tolstoy. So, can't say anything about him. I am about to finish second book of Dostoevsky. Only an idiot like me can read "The Idiot" by him. I don't like that kind of writing. I like only humourous writing. R.K. Narayan is my favourite English writer for now.

    ReplyDelete