February 15, 2007

The Last Dawn

Downloading autobiographies of Charles Darwin and Theodore Roosevelt and reading notes from underground is a vindicating way of rounding off a long boring and rather hectic day. Last night I enjoyed full 12 hour sleep and was in good mood early in the morning. But then after that my day was a total mess. Without knowing where we were going I followed nikhil like a dumb dog. He dragged me into some T-shirt printing press in karelibaug early in the morning. They do some strange activities in the college and celebrate different 'days' like vegetable day and cleanliness day. As part of this scheduled circus today is the group day and for this so-called 'group day' they wanted their T-shirts printed in the noon so that artists in hostels can write their name on the back of their respective T-shirts. T-shirts are ready now but my day was ruined. It is so boring to roam out and to go to the college meaninglessly. Even when I was a regular student I was never very regular and it contributed the most in my growth as a homo sapiens. Swamiji was there in the college even before we had arrived. Within one hour we were at masi's lari enjoying daal bhaji and chawal. No rotis masi said the second setback of the day. Third one was even funnier and hilarious for me. I lost so many games on FICS today and that too against very low rated players like 1500-.i never ever in my short carrier as a chess player lost so many games in a single day. My tournament score was 2.5/7.0 today, worst ever. In the evening swamiji came again and we went to kalubhai agian. Then after an hour or so at eight in the evening we were at mangal bazar in search of a t-shirt so that swamiji can print an image of OSHO on it. One hour in mangal bazar was most painful and annoying of them all, the final setback really made me a dumb dog. I was so annoyed that I was shouting things and was walking in the lanes of mangal-bazar as if I was there for hafta-vasuli. few sindhi shop-keepers with their faces like tandoori legs in curry unsuccessfully tried to convince me that I could easily print with the help of my t-shirt transparency on their low quality t-shirts. Finally we got one "plane white round neck pure cotton t-shirt" from a fatehgunj store at 9:30. I repeated that phrase at least hundred times at mangal-bazar. All the food-joints were closed when nikhil came back at kalubhai's at 10:30 and that was the final nail in my coffin. Finally after eating mahesh bahi's roti and dal-fry I was so tired that I was unable to read more than two chapters from war and peace. May be this is my last post for now and I am going into hibernation again for sometime as I have to finish few things undone. Good night. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Keep posting Sabuda. You are a gifted writer. Your posts are really funny and I enjoy reading them. Don't go into hibernation.

    ReplyDelete