November 03, 2006

Apni "Ektaa"

Enough is enough. I won't tolerate this any more. Though I am against any kind of movement, I can't remain a mute spectator now. The unity of my beloved country is in danger. All the anti-national elements of my country are targeting her. Not only that, the self proclaimed "intellectuals" derive sadistic pleasure by degrading her selfless service to the nation. No prize for guessing. I am talking about the one and only - "Ektaa Kapur", the undisputed queen of Indian television.

Ektaa's K-serials are enthralling the television audience from Kashmir to Kanyakumari and from Porbandar to Kolkatta. You visit any respected middle-class Indian household during 7:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. and you will find atleast one member of the family glued to one of her K-serials. The only other exception which I can think apart from K-serials which unites my diverse country is cricket. For her invaluable service, Ektaa Kapur must be rewarded with the "National Integration" trophy.

She is also single handedly keeping the social fabric intact. Beacuase of her, so many marriages are still intact. Most of the female members of the family are now busy watching K-serials, when their husbands return from work. This is the time when most of the husband-wife fighting used to happen. Ektaa has miraculously solved this problem. No more quarrels. Peaceful co-existence and in many cases revival of love where both husband and wife enjoy K-serials together. No need to visit marriage counsellors, if your married life is going through turbulent times. Just watch Ektaa Kapur serials and your problem is solved.

Her daily soaps are also great stress buster. That's my own experience. I used to watch K-serials after a hard and gruelling day in office when I was working in Mumbai. There is no need to use your brains. No need to remember anything. No need to worry if you have missed 15 episodes. My aunty used to explain me everything in 4 minutes.

Despite all this, Ektaa's critics don't miss a single chance to demean her work. But, the selfless lady is so dignified in her behavior, she takes all the criticism in her stride. All those Ektaa Kapur bashers should be hanged. Not just hanged, should be tortured till they accept Ektaa as the only saviour of the nation.

7 comments:

  1. they should be tortured by making them watch 50 episodes of k-serials.
    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend suddenly getting aggressive on the critics of Ekta is understandable...he us getting old and wanting to get married. This is a social message he wants to give to all girls in the world that he is not against any TV soaps and hence would make a good husband. I can understand you desperation pal...lage raho muhul bhai

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend suddenly getting aggressive on the critics of Ekta is understandable...he us getting old and wanting to get married. This is a social message he wants to give to all girls in the world that he is not against any TV soaps and hence would make a good husband. I can understand you desperation pal...lage raho muhul bhai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mitra, read between the lines. Kha gaye na dhokha...Ha...Ha...Ha...Ha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. Finally our friend is showing interest in family life. Today he was giving description the type of girl he would want as his wife.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear anonymous, I know who you are. I am not against marriage. I am against work. And those who are married have to work like dogs. And though I am not rich, I am an aristocrate. And aristocrates don't work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exams are over now and i am free to read between the lines and to watch K-Serials.

    ReplyDelete