November 19, 2006

Funny days are here again

Indeed funny days. Both blogger and orkut are showering all kinds of compliments. My today's fortune in orkut says, "You are a person of culture." Nothing can be more flattering than this. Even my most generous mother doesn't think so. My friends must be laughing their hearts out. Just a couple of days back I deleted one of my comments on blogger. The message pops up, "This post has been removed by the author." Never in my wildest dreams, I thought that somebody, even a system generated message, will call me an author. Not just that, hold your breath, some of the most generous visitors to 20box are enjoying the posts. They are even advising me to write a book. Well, what to say? I am speechless.

It's a lazy Sunday afternoon. I love this city man. It's a paradise for lazybones like me. The climate is extremely friendly. You can sleep anytime in the day. It rains all the time in Bangalore. The rain also has a pattern. Mostly it starts in the evening. People here do business on their own terms and conditions. Just a faint cry for strike and the entire city will come to a halt. Not even a single shop will remain open. You can order tea and spend hours in a restaurant with your girlfriend. Nobody will bother you.

The other day somebody asked me to play online chess. To be honest, I am not even an average chess player. I used to play chess to increase my patience. People say it's a game for intelligent folks. May be true. From the very beginning, I knew I have limited mental capabilities. Therefore, I never tried to improve my game. I used to play chess only to spend time with a good friend talking all kinds of nonsense. Tea and snacks breaks in between. How can one do that online?

1 comment:

  1. hahaha!! i m on mobile, kharchoo is busy on computer. i'll be back soon. till then, amen.

    ReplyDelete