November 29, 2006

My Winter Dreams


It is 8:30 in the morning, very clumsy and cloudy outside. Nothing is happening. I went to sadali lari in search of gulshan baba but my search gone into vain as may be either gulshan baba was not there or he left early. Early in the morning suddenly clouds showed up out of the blue. A coconut seller is cracking just outside my balcony. He doesn't know that coconut water is a good antioxidant and can neutralize the bad effects of my all night nonstop smoking. But he surely knows that I am not going to buy his coconuts in either case. Smoking or no smoking, they are as good as nectar. My mosquito repellent coils are effective if and only if I keep door and windows closed. Last soldiers of rebellious mosquito army are trying hard to suck my blood. I just switched off 'the great fan' which swipes under the same speed at all available regulating options on so small and not so user friendly regulator. Uncanny odour of rotten vegetables inside my tiffin-box is still there in my room. My room is a total mess filled with the cigarette smoke.

Wake up kharchoo wake up !! So much pending work to be done. All those oscar wilde stories. Who is going to read it if not you? We know that you are done with the Picture of Dorian gray but other great stories are still there unread. O! the great one please wake up and fill all the empty spaces left behind by the sun-god who is not there today. It is not Sunday today, the great one why you are still fast asleep. Please wake up and let there be light ! It is almost 9 now and still it is dark outside as may be sun-god is afraid of not very dark winter clouds and hid himself behind them. And being a lazy man O! the great is seems as if you are not in any kind of hurry to step into his footsteps so early in the morning. Though sudden change of atmosphere is not going to affect the lazy lifestyle of phursatgunj a lot. But some kind of uneasiness in the air is shattering all my winter dreams. The worse I fear is a humid day and even the worst is the rain. oh, rain god I pray you not to appear on the phursatgunj skies today. With the noise of your raindrops, oh rain god, not you shatter my winter dreams. oh the rain god, this season you have showered enough of love on the lands of phursatgunj. O the gods of the upper skies, please don't shatter my winter dreams. Amen Amen Amen.

12 comments:

  1. Well, my friend how can you write so much? You are indeed a gifted writer. No doubt about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how can you forgot BABA that our own SABU SINGH is multi talented person...
    I haven't till yet have a slightest doubt on him....

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is gifted in all unproductive things. Master of spending time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "All that is useless for the material world is priceless."

    - Anando

    ReplyDelete
  5. this blog has became forum of unworldly intellectuals...great.

    And all priceless things cannot be achieved by efforts, but they comes naturally to you only after surrendering...

    ReplyDelete
  6. i doubt, we aren't intellectuals? than who are? they who discuss nonsense at nine p.m. on Indian satellite television?

    err, i doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Intellectual - "an extremely rational person; a person who relies on intellect rather than on emotions or feelings."

    Courtesy: www.dictionary.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Now time is ripe to revise dictionaries. but question remains, who is going to revise them, intellectuals? or so called intellectuals? certainly not we are going to do it.

    ReplyDelete