November 26, 2006

Second “salt movement”

On April 6, 1930, Mahatma Gandhi raised a pinch of salt and declared, “With this, I am shaking the foundations of the British Empire.” Comrades, time has arrived to introduce you all about the second biggest “salt movement” in the history of our country.

Yesterday, I told you about martyrdom of my beloved hair. But, my friend's sacrifice won’t go in vain. I have already launched the second “salt movement” and the results are more than gratifying. The first one shook the foundations of the British Empire; the second one is strengthening the foundations of my falling “Hair Empire”.

After coming to Bangalore, there hasn't been a single day when I haven't cried over the death of my beautiful hair. Some days back, a good friend suggested adding a pinch of salt in water whenever I wash my hair. As I didn’t want to go to a doctor, I thought why not give it a try. And lo! It’s working. The death toll has drastically gone down. The simple gesture of picking up salt has again shown its magical power.

3 comments: