November 25, 2006

Such is life

Cold wintry night. Honking noise of vehicles passing on the nearby flyover. Dinner was good today thanks to new caterers in my company. They are on a trial basis. Don’t know how long the good fortune will last. Roommate is watching some Jackie Chan movie on Star movies. He seems to be enjoying the stuff. It’s in English and without dubbing or Hindi sub-heads. No choice but to blog.

Shortened day at office as today is “Black Friday”, a day after Thanksgiving Day. The coming Monday is called “Cyber Monday”. Don’t know much about all this stuff. Think it’s some retailing gimmick in the United States. Not much work these days as the busy earnings season is over.

The celebration has begun. Two days of leisurely life. Already sipped two pegs of Signature whisky. Half of my life is over, still no girls in sight. But, I am not worried. God is kind. Some miracle is definitely going to happen. My palmistry knowledge says so. Don’t ask me how? Wait and watch.

With each passing day, I am losing my hair. Sad but true. My friends are dying. I can’t do anything but remain a mute spectator. Without a murmur or protest they are silently leaving this beautiful world. Dear Lord, treat them well, they have been loyal for 27 years.

Funny days ahead. Going to Chennai for my visa interview on Monday. My first visit to Tamil Nadu. Don’t think anybody in my family has gone that far down south. Will update you guys once I am back from the Dravidian heartland.

14 comments:

  1. Mitra, abhi New York dur hain. Waise main vahan jake karunga kya? Par bahot maza aayega. Bahot funny experiences honge. Likhne ke liye bahot kuch masala mil jayega.

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely BABA aap ko to masaledar khabar, baato se bahut hi lagav hai woh to hum sab jante hai...
    hope dat u wud b bringin some hot news like you and your handsome experience with foreign beuty...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a little confused by this. I cherish the idea that you guys are staying in Phursatgunj, a place which there would be no reason to leave because it is a lzy person's heaven on earth.

    Next thing I hear, Anando Rocks is celebrating Thanksgiving Day. I know that Americans seem to imagine this is a public holiday across the Universe, along with Independence day on July 4th. But I cannot think that the habit has caught on in India in the same way that Hallowe'en high jinks seems to have caught on in England.

    But then there is a strong hint that A. Rocks is in New York. Unfortunately I cannot read Hindi, or whatever language it is (pardon my ignorance).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yves, I don't have any clue about Thanksgiving Day. Think some kind of festival. I am working in Bangalore and we had a holiday on Thurday as the U.S. stock markets were closed. Now, my company has asked me to apply for U.S. visa. Will have to go to Chennai and appear in visa interview on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hindi lessons for yvus...

    Pardesh = foreign land
    mitra = friend
    masala = spices

    soon you are going to learn so many hindi words if you visit this blog regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my mitra yves, you added masala to our blog.
    ha ha = ha ha
    laughter is the universal language we all should speak more often. let humanity traverse the path of laughter and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. who is this 'yyes' in 20 box please introduce him ....Is he phirangee,I thought Hindi is universal language and I have'nt come across single person in my life who does'nt know HINDI...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mitra, aapka yeh manana bilkul sahi hain, kyki aajtak kisi pardeshi aadmi se aapka paala pada hi nahi. By the way, according to my sources, Yves is an English writer, who writes in English. Just visit his blog and you will come to know about his writing prowess.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lazyguru,
    what a pity your life is.

    anando,
    pity again for your hairs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What pity ghetufool???...I pity on the people who do not understand HINDI...the oldest & greatest language in the world ..no offence Yyes but this is true.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have seen Yves' blog Anando he is really excellent writer...Yves you are welcome here.

    ReplyDelete